September marks Hunger Action Month
and national nonprofit Feeding America
is calling upon individuals and communities to get involved in the fight against hunger
During the month of September, more than 200 food banks across the nation are asking people to lend a hand. A few of our local food banks involved are Food Lifeline
and Second Harvest Inland Northwest
Local events are being planned throughout the month to help raise awareness about hunger in America and Feed Washington will be promoting local events so check back often to see how you can get involved.
How Can You Help?
- Write a letter to elected officials about hunger and the legislation that is important to you.
- Organize a food drive at your office to donate to a local food bank
- Send donations to food bank programs equipped to feed children and senior citizens
As September gets closer Feed Washington
will share ideas so that you can participate in the 30 Ways in 30 Days that you can help end hunger in Washington
Anxious to get started?
- Follow us on Facebook
- Help your kids have a lemonade stand and donate
funds to Feed Washington
- Ask your favorite restaurant to donate one day’s sales to Feed Washington
- Sign up to be a monthly donor
at Feed Washington!
Feed Washington believes it is the responsibility of all non-hungry adults in Washington to eradicate childhood hunger
in our State. We ask those adults who aren’t hungry to commit to a small recurring credit card donation in an amount they won’t notice on their monthly credit card bill. Maybe for you it’s $1, $5 or $50. The individual amount doesn’t matter; it’s the collective impact that is important.